1. Shield and Weatherproof! The most effective HVAC system on the planet could not offset a poorly shielded residence. Drafty door and window seals and under-insulated attics as well as outside wall surfaces could cause your HEATING AND COOLING to function double-time aiming to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (HVAC) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home mosts likely to cooling and heating. So making wise decisions regarding your home's HEATING AND COOLING system can have a big effect on your utility costs-- and also your convenience.
3. Cooling and heating costs account for nearly half the residence's complete power expense. If your central air unit is more than Ten Years old, replacing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency model can reduce your cooling costs by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a greater seasonal energy efficiency proportion (SEER) compared to common designs, which makes them concerning 14% more effective compared to conventional models. The greater the SEER, the higher the efficiency. Given that sizing as well as proper installment of an air conditioning system are vital to energy effectiveness and residence comfort, it is important to employ a qualified service technician.
5. Heat pumps that receive the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal power performance ratio (SEER) and also heating seasonal efficiency factor (HSPF) than typical designs, makings them about 8% percent a lot more reliable than common new designs and 20% a lot more reliable than exactly what you could currently have in your home.
6. Natural gas heaters qualifying for refunds have yearly gas application efficiency (AFUE) scores of 92%, or greater, making them approximately 15% extra efficient than conventional versions. One in 4 heaters in U.S. homes today is more than 20 years old. Qualifying natural gas heating systems utilize sophisticated modern technology to supply greater performance compared to typical brand-new heaters readily available today.
7. High-efficiency heating and cooling equipment qualified for the BGE rebate fulfill or go beyond the United States Epa's ENERGY STAR ® demands for product efficiency.
8. When is it time to replace your main heating and air conditioning system?
When your tools needs frequent fixings and also your energy bills are raising.
When your heatpump or ac unit is greater than 10 years old. Consider changing it with a newer, extra power efficient tools that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program discount effectiveness levels
When your heater is more than 15 years of ages. Think about changing it with a newer, extra energy-efficient heating system that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program refund performance levels.
9. Although these items can be much more pricey to purchase in advance, the cost distinction will certainly be paid back gradually with reduced energy expenses. Be sure to ask your specialist about Smart Energy Dorrian Heating and Cooling Savers Program Heating & Air conditioning Rebates which can dramatically help reduce the difference in rate between conventional and also high-efficiency products.
10. Proper maintenance could go a long way in preventing future cooling and heating system troubles. Ask your contractor about annual pre-season examinations. Service providers often get extremely hectic throughout summer season and winter months, so it's a smart idea to inspect the cooling system in the springtime as well as the furnace in the loss.